Thursday, November 6, 2014

No pain No Gain

I have had a prolapsing uterus since I was four months pregnant with Xander. He is now over 26 months old. My Heavenly Parents have blessed me beyond measure to be able to deal with the pain for so long. I have gotten back in shape and shed all the baby weight and my uterus still wants to fall out.

I finally have a light at the end of the tunnel! Partial hysterectomy! The two most beautiful words in the English language! I went through the bladder testing today to determine if there is any leakage (like the Titanic) and now the surgery can be scheduled! I actually had to run in pIace with a catheter in my bladder. I told the tech I couldn't run without my sneakers. Good times! I can dimly remember a pain free life. Praying that I will have enough recovery time before the wedding and the move.

Pain has ruled my life for over two and half years and the only thing that helps is running. I know it sounds crazy and counter intuitive, but it is real. My OB agrees with me that if it helps, keep doing it. Running is painful. Not from the prolapse, in the way that you have to stretch yourself. I always feel like a bit of a masochist. Even on days when I have a not so good run, I still feel great when I am done. I don't feel like there are any bad runs except the ones I don't start.

I am so grateful to my Heavenly Parents for providing a way for me not to suffer all the time. I am so grateful for healthcare. I can not imagine dealing with this or any affliction for years on end.

Q






No comments:

Post a Comment