The kids wanted to run with me while we were at the park for family home evening. Their goal was to run a mile, with a few pauses in between.
Earlier that day I was feeling really sad. I had just started seriously running again this week and I was really missing my peeps ( Jen, Susie, and Cathy.) And I was especially depressed because I knew they had been running together recently. So, even though I knew I wouldn't be able to keep up with any of them, I was feeling pretty sorry for myself.
After our brief run at the park, Noelle and Chantelle decided they wanted to start running with me. Now I have two new, sweet running partners! At least on a once a week basis.
I love our big family. I don't always feel equal to the calling of mother of ten. Then the Lord directs me, or puts me back on track and we enjoy another day together.
No comments:
Post a Comment