Friday, January 9, 2015

House Pics

The laundry is ridiculous.  In my defense I couldn't do laundry for a week due to a clogged pipe and poop in the basement. After that experience, taking care of ten kids with my sweet husband is like a relaxing vacation. The title of parent should include a clause about haz mat handler.  I think I am doing enough laundry every day to stay ahead of what is dirtied.

I love having a basement where all the toys stay in one area! No toys allowed on the main floor or upstairs in the big kids room.

The three oldest boys share a room and the five older girls share a room and a closet. Their room could have been the master,  except none of the bedrooms have a dedicated bathroom. The older kids have a large bathroom on the second floor and there is another bathroom on the main floor. Did I mention that we have ten kids and six of them are girls? We banned the kids from our bathroom on the main floor in the hopes of having some privacy.

We finally hung our families are forever plaque!  I didn't feel like hanging it any where we have lived in the last year. I bought it last January on clearance from Desert Books and then separated our family from my former spouse. What a blessing to hang it in our new home with our new family! Joshua had this big cheesy grin on his face. Our family does feel like a forever family.  It is also wonderful, crazy, and messy.

3 comments:

  1. Can relate to drainage problems ... glad it is index control now. Laundry .... always a never ending job! Maybe we should all have less clothes! Looks like you are getting organized. Will feel more like home soon. Love and miss all of you ... even the ones I have never met yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops gotta love auto correct ... should day under control.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now THAT is a laundry pile! Looks like a great house. I am so happy for your forever family!

    ReplyDelete